More Council homes being built in Guildford
Conservative led Guildford Borough Council has:
• Enabled the provision of 655 new affordable homes, for rent & shared ownership, over the last 4 years on new housing developments.
• Directly delivering new affordable homes on our own brownfield sites including:
- Guildford Park Road on previous open-air car park site - 160 homes,
64 for affordable rent
- Apple Tree pub site in Park Barn - 18 homes, all for affordable rent with nine fully wheelchair accessible
- Ladymead site near new Fire Station - 12 homes, for affordable rent
- Other smaller sites - 21 homes for affordable rent, across 5 sites
- Delivered 11 new traveller pitches.
• Introduced improved regulation of houses in multiple occupation to protect renters and tenants.
• Invested £1.2 annually helping people remain in their own homes.
• Introduced an outreach service to support homeless families.
• Supported 355 families having difficulty coping.
• Supported 8 refugee families.
• Provided homes to just over 1000 households from our waiting list in the last 4 years.