Action for Perry Hill and Worplesdon ..
The Perry Hill and Worplesdon area includes Salt Box Road and half of Cumberland Avenue, Guildford and several roads off nearby, as they are part of the Worplesdon Parish.
Updated to November 2020
Since being your County Councillor, Keith Witham has always given priority to pressing for funding from Surrey County Council on your behalf for local projects and to be a strong voice for Perry Hill and Worplesdon in local matters:
- Financial support for local voluntary organisations
- Local road safety and road/ pavement improvements / buses
- So what else does Surrey County Council do for Perry Hill and Worplesdon?
FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR LOCAL WORPLESDON AND PERRY HILL VOLUNTARY ORGANISATIONS - Keith Witham has sponsored the following grants.
One of Keith's objectives as your County Councillor has been to secure County Council support for local groups, organisations and projects. So he is pleased to report support given to a wide range of projects locally including:
• The Sime Gallery, Perry Hill - A New Website and publicity leaflets
• Worplesdon Memorial Hall new worktop and sink, new chairs and new doors
• Worplesdon Tennis Club help with costs for COVID19 precautions
• Worplesdon Cricket Club towards a new mower
• Worplesdon and District Bridleway Association help with publicity, bridleway clearance and numbered bibs for events
• Tempus Theatre, a Commemorative Dame Vera Lynn production at Worplesdon Memorial Hall
• Wooden posts and fencing installed outside Worplesdon Memorial Hall for pedestrian safety
ROAD SAFETY IMPROVEMENTS
Safer crossing point installed on Salt Box Road, new footpaths and safety fencing, installed by the railway bridge, guiding walkers to cross about 50 yards away from the bridge, and to give pedestrians and motorists clear "sight-lines" of each other. Before that work there had been four accidents, since there have been none
New verge safety posts, Goose Rye Road/The Avenue junction
ROAD RESURFACING at The Avenue, Perry Hill, Salt Box Road, and part of Cumberland Avenue